Jan 18, 2010
Energy Conservation Sales Job at Southern Energy Management
Posting for friends at Southern Energy Management -- this is a great job for a sales professional who wants to make a positive difference
Existing Homes Sales Manager
Full Time Position: Available Immediately
Location(s): –Domestic travel required.
The Existing Homes Sales Manager oversees the development and performance of all sales activities in the existing homes market. The position requires establishing plans and strategies to expand SEM's residential customer base and contributing to the development of training and educational programs for the general public and sales staff. Providing leadership and direction to the sales team will maximize value creation, growth and profitability in line with SEM vision and values. The ideal candidate will have marketing and home building experience.
• Manage the development of a business plan and sales strategy for the existing homeowner market to meet or exceed company sales goals and profitability.
• Prepare action plans with individuals and sales team to effectively develop sales leads and prospects.
• Maintain contact with clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
• Work with Strategic Business Development Director to initiate and coordinate action plans that maximize value creation in high potential markets.
• Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
• Create and conduct proposal presentations and RFP responses.
• Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
• Maintain accurate records of all pricing, sales, and activity reports generated by sales team.
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethical standards and ensure they are communicated and implemented within the team.
• Work with HR staff to recruit, test and hire sales team based on criteria agreed upon by senior management.
• Ensure that each sales person meets or exceeds all activity goals for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
• Conduct regular coaching and counseling sessions with sales team to build motivation, selling and value creation skills.
• Conduct one-on-one reviews with each sales person not less than once per quarter to build more effective communication; understand his/her training and development needs; and provide insight for the improvement of the team's sales activity and performance.
• Provide timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
• Assist sales team with preparation of proposals and presentations.
• Interact and cooperate with all SEM team members.
• Lead by example in areas of personal character.
• Commit to triple-bottom-
• Monitor and support work/life balance for the sales team to sustain high performance and job satisfaction.
• Minimum 5 years experience as sales manager in construction services or home building.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
• Familiar with salesforce.com CRM
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
• Must be willing to travel out of the local area at least 25% of the time.
• Ability to take initiative and work independently while also collaborating in a team environment.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills for working with both the internal team and clients.
• Associates Degree in related field.
• Marketing experience.
• Home building experience.
This is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual, with outstanding growth potential. We are committed to sustainability at all levels of our organization, and believe that our success as a company depends on the success of every team member.
If you're ready to work hard, make a difference and have fun doing it, then you could be just the person we're looking for!
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to
We look forward to hearing from you soon!